For the past couple of years, I’ve pasted the same list in front of my notebooks. They are important to me, and a great way to inspire the moment I open my notebooks to the first page.
I sometimes change a little bit of the wording, but the list has basically stayed the same.
Here's the current version of my list of rules to live by
- Eat for your health
- Overwhelmed? Journal!
- When in doubt, drink water
- Any movement is good movement
- Embrace your spirituality
- Live your joy daily. Write!
- Don't blame yourself for your pain
- Close your eyes and breathe in calm
- Write (or doodle) your poetry
- Don't believe your fears
Why this list exists
I wrote the list when I was feeling well, wanting to remind myself of what I love to do and what I can do to feel better.
The list has stuck with me ever since. It’s such a comfort to read when I feel low or overwhelmed with anxiety or am in pain.
It has gentle guidance to create and to take care of myself.